Exodus has been a great addon serving the users for years. However, as in the past Exodus was unstable sometimes is always a good idea to have handy alternatives, such Alvin; so, this article is about How to Install Alvin Kodi Addon
Alvin Kodi addon is a fork of the popular Exodus addon. The addon bears similar layout as well as categories of its predecessor. The developer has however added new categories such as documentaries, networks, box-sets and more.
Alvin Kodi addon brings with it a huge collection of movies and TV shows that you can stream for hours. The addon’s library is well maintained and regularly replenished with new content. The videos are available in all qualities, and the 1080p and 720p streams are working extremely well. For even better streaming experience, we suggest that you connect real-debrid and Trakt.tv.
If you have used Exodus addon, then you will definitely love this one. Below is a guide on how to install Alvin Kodi addon. This guide works for Firestick, Android TV, PCs, and any other device that supports Kodi.
Caution: Stream Safely!
Before you stream anything on Alvin or any other third-party Kodi addon, we strongly suggest that you use a VPN. This is because these addons usually provide pirated streams, and consumption of illegal content can easily land you in trouble. Thousands of Kodi users have received DMCA notices and others faced legal trouble.
A good VPN like Surfshark will encrypt your content and spoof your IP address to give a new online identity. Neither your ISP nor the government will be able to make sense of your traffic, and your activities can’t be traced back to you.
At BestDroidPlayer, we suggest that you go for Surfshark as it’s the best VPN for Kodi. The VPN gives you excellent speeds that you can use to stream in HD without buffering. Further, it doesn’t log any of your activities, you can protect many devices with one single account, and there’s always a money-back guarantee. To help you start we have deal to get an exclusive 82% discount!
How to Install Alvin Kodi Addon
After getting yourself a VPN, you can now go ahead and install Alvin on Kodi. Since it’s a third-party Kodi addon, we’ll first need to enable installation from “unknown sources.”
Enabling Unknown Sources
- While at the Homepage, open Settings by clicking the button
- On the system page, select System settings
- Hover over Addons and enable Unknown Sources
Kodi can now install addons from third-party sources.
To install Alvin on Kodi, we now need to install its host repository, Octopus repository.
Adding the Octopus Repo Source
- Go back to the Kodi home screen, and click the Settings button
- Select File Manager, and then double-click “Add-Source”
- Type in the URL “http://octopus246.esy.es/octopus/” into the window that opens. Below that, name it as “Octopus Repo” You can then click “OK”
Installing Octopus Repo
- Turn your VPN On, to avoid the repo to be blocked by your ISP.
We recommend the use of a Good VPN like Surfshark
- Go back to the Kodi home screen. On the left-hand side menu, click “Add-ons”
- Open package installer by clicking the button at the top of the menu bar
- Select “Install from Zip File”
- Select the repo you just added above. It should be displayed as “Octopus Repo”
- Select repository.octopus-x.x.x.zip
- You will receive a notification when the repo installs successfully
Installing Alvin Kodi Addon
- While at the same screen, click “Install from the repository”
- Select “Octopus Repository”
- Select “Video Add-ons” and then click on “Alvin”
- You will now get an “Install” option. Hit it
- If you are using Kodi 18 Leia, you’ll get a pop up of all the dependencies that will be installed along with the addon. Just click OK. Alvin Kodi Addon will now install and you’ll get a notification.
If you’d like to set up Real-Debrid, you can check our Real-Debrid guide.
Exodus has been the most popular repository over the years, but the addon has always faced legal trouble. Thankfully, you can now install Alvin Kodi addon and enjoy all the greatness associated with its predecessor, and more.
Hope this article on How to Install Alvin Kodi Addon, help you making the transition from Exodus to this new addon.
Have a great day!