In today’s Kodi addon installation tutorial, we have selected another promising addon – Athena. You can install Athena Kodi addon in minutes; but before installing Athena Kodi addon, let’s have a look at some of its important features.
Features of Athena Kodi Addon
Once you install Athena Kodi addon, you get access to an extensive collection of TV shows and movies. Athena is compatible with a variety of devices including Fire TV Cube, Fire TV, Amazon Firestick 4K, Android TV Box, and NVIDIA Shield. Check this guide for instructions on installing Kodi on an Amazon Fire device in case you need help.
The interface of Athena add-on is fairly simple; you don’t have to spend too much time to start feeling comfortable.
Media content on Athena add-on is divided into the following categories:
- One-Click Play Docs
- One-Click Play 24/7
- One-Click Play Kids Zone
- Premium Accounts Lounge
- TV Shows
Advantages of Athena Kodi Addon
- Belongs to the family of reliable add-ons, Magic Dragon and Odin, etc.
- Compatible with Kodi Leia 18.5
- Works with Tracktv
- Works with the Real-Debrid account
Disadvantages of Athena Kodi Addon
- Third-party add-on – it is released by community developers; you must use a VPN service to avoid vulnerabilities
It is important to remember that Kodi is simply a media player. What media you run on this platform is your own choice. Kodi officials don’t take any responsibility if someone violates copyright laws. The truth is, Kodi is an open-source platform; third-party developers keep coming with their add-ons for this media player. It is your responsibility to protect your internet connection, data, identity, and device. Luckily, you don’t have to worry too much about anything if you have a reliable VPN set up. A Virtual Private Network (VPN) Service rids you from all vulnerabilities mentioned above.
But which VPN service you need to use? Some developers are offering a free VPN service. But don’t ever select such free services because they are not safe; their encryption tools are not updated, and they have data limits which means that such services don’t work after consuming a certain amount of data, for instance, 1GB or even less.
The recommended VPN
Among premium VPN services, IPVanish is the best option to go for. We have been using IPVanish for years and it keeps improving over time. The encryption algorithm is secure and constantly updated. IPVanish has a huge worldwide network of servers around the world. It protects you from identity theft. You can stream media content anonymously because IPVanish protects your connection from watchdogs such as ISPs, government agencies, and even hackers.
IPVanish is a valuable choice as comes with many advanced security features and has the best quality/price ratio of the industry:
30-Days Money-Back Guarantee
We managed to get an exclusive 57% of IPVanish.
Click here to save 57% of IPVanish now!
Steps to Install Athena Addon on Kodi
Installing Athena Kodi addon means that you are going to download zip files from a community repository from a third-party source. You need to enable downloading files from unknown sources if you never did it before.
Enabling unknown sources
- Launch Kodi and go to settings on the Home Screen (cogwheel icon)
- Now, move the cursor to place it on add-ons
- The large panel (on the right side) will present different options including unknown sources
- Finally, make sure to enable unknown sources and then press OK to approve settings
Installing the repository
- Firstly, to avoid your ISP to block the repository and the addon, turn your VPN On. The VPN we recommend is IPVanish
- Then, press the return button to open System interface or click the cogwheel icon under the top left side of your screen
- Next, go to File Manager (Folder)
- Select, Add sources
- Now, click <None> and you will be able to type or paste the URL – http://ezzer-mac.com/repo
- Press OK
- Type a name for the media source. You can select whatever name you want. We are typing Athena
- Press OK
- Then, move back to System once more and then go to add-on (dropbox icon)
- Press Install from zip file
- Select the name you typed for the media source. It is Athena as per our settings.
- Select repository.EzzerMacsWizard.zip
- Within a few seconds, the system will install the EzzerMacs Wizard Repository
Install Athena Addon on Kodi
- Once the repository is installed, press install from repository
- Select the repo, which is EzzerMacs Wizard Repository
- Press Video add-ons
- Here, you need to look for Athena and select it
- Press Install
- Once installed (within less than a minute) the message will appear notifying that Athena add-on was installed
- Now is time to come back to the Home Screen, select add-ons and then launch the newly installed Athena addon
Before streaming any title with Athena, is advisable to turn a Good VPN like IPVanish . This way, your personal information will remain protected and you can stream anonymously. In addition, with a VPN service, the streaming performance of Kodi addons will be optimized.
We hope this article would guide you on the Athena Addon install process on Kodi and may contribute to enrich your streaming library. Please rate and share it with your friends.
Have nice streams!