How to Install the CellarDoor TV Build on Kodi
The CellarDoor TV Build offers two different versions to choose from. The Dominus version is extremely powerful and offers all the bells and whistles you could ask for! Here’s how to install CellarDoor TV Build on Kodi.
With a well-designed interface, a wealth of content and many popular add-ons, the CellarDoor TV Build is definitely worth looking at. Some of the add-ons available include:
- UK Turks Playlists,
- Strictly HD,
- Wolfpack, and
- Bucky Movies among others.
This build is popular among novice and veteran users alike especially because of the detailed categories available. For example, in the Movies category, you can sort by resolution i.e. 3D, HD and 4K options.
There are multiple themes to choose from and with the Dominus build, you can switch between builds freely. The Dominus build is larger (431 MB) than its counterpart, Infusion (361 MB). Since you will be exposed to third-party add-ons, it is important to use a VPN.
Important to Know:
The governing institution for Kodi, XBMC, does not recognize unofficial/third-party add-ons as many of these provide access to streams containing copyrighted material.
Since net neutrality was recently thrown out, ISPs and the government are now allowed to indiscriminately monitor users’ web activity. This is why using a VPN service like IPVanish is highly recommended.
IPVanish obscures your IP address by running your session from its 1000+ servers in more than 60 countries to safeguard your online privacy and identity. Connection throttling by ISPs is avoided as they are unaware of your online activities and the VPN infrastructure gives users high-speed internet with unlimited bandwidth and unlimited server switching.
This is not the only reason for getting a VPN though. With IPVanish you’re able to bypass censorship and digital geo-restrictions as it’s possible to mask your computers IP address. Using local IPVanish servers in the country where the content is available is simple and easy to do.
IPVanish has software for almost all of the devices you can imagine and a single subscription lets you use the service on up five devices simultaneously. As a special offer to our readers, get 57% off the normal subscription price simply by clicking the link.
How to Install the CellarDoor TV Build
This guide will walk you through installing the CDTV build on Kodi 17 Krypton.
- The first thing should be to enable third-party add-ons from the Home page. Open ‘Add-ons’ followed by ‘Settings’ and switch on the ‘Unknown Sources’
- Having done this, return to the Home Screen and tap the “gear” icon to open ‘Settings’; open ‘File Manager’ in the settings and click on ‘Add Source’. Click <None> on the ensuing pop-up window and in the top text field type in https://cellardoortv.com/repo as the URL. In the text box below that, enter “CellarDoorTV” as the media source name and press ‘OK’.
- Return to Kodi Home Screen, open ‘Add-ons’ and pick the ‘Add-on Browser’ Select ‘Install from zip file’ and click on CellarDoorTV inside which you should select the file named repository.cdrepo-x.x.zip. A notification will appear once the add-on gets activated.
- Go back to ‘Add-on Browser’ and this time select ‘Install from repository’. Choose the CellarDoorTV Repo and click OK.
- Navigate to ‘Program Add-ons’, select CellarDoorTV Wizard and press ‘Install’ after which a notification should appear. The CellarDoor TV Wizard will start automatically after installation.
- Once again, return to Kodi Home Screen and open ‘Add-ons’ menu followed by ‘Program Add-ons’ and finally ‘CellarDoorTV’. Select between Dominus and Infusion build and click ‘Install’; when prompted, choose ‘Fresh install’ to remove previous data and settings.
- The download and installation will start and after it completes a pop-up window will appear. Click “Force Close” on the window and restart Kodi.
Features of the Dominus Build
On first launch it’s a good idea to give it five to ten minutes to load all add-ons. The Dominus build has all of the bells and whistles and while it is large, it’s extremely responsive.
Categories at the top level are fairly simple with Movies, TV Shows, Music, Sports and Kids Shows being the default options. You are also presented with a subcategory list with many more options on the home screen & to simplify things even further you get the option of searching for specific content also.
Within Movies you can search for specific resolutions and you’re also provided with a view of some of the more popular films right at the top to save even more time.
The TV Pro option provides access to the Ivue TV Guide which is a nice plus as well as IPTV services.
Overall this build has something for everyone and it’s really nice and clean with crisp user interface.