After a long inactivity period due to Colossus repository shut down, the Covenant returns now better than ever with its own repository, and here’s how you can install the new working Covenant Kodi Addon as in 2022.
This guide will show you how to install Covenant Kodi addon. The guide is accompanied by screenshots, and it can be used to install the addon on Firestick/ Fire TV, Android TV, Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Nvidia Shield, or any other device that supports Kodi.
Covenant Kodi addon was developed by Lambda, the same developers as the famous Exodus Kodi addon. It was meant to replace Exodus, but the addon was also shut down alongside the Colossus Repository where it was hosted.
However, Covenant Kodi Addon has now made a comeback, and it is better than ever. It has the same great selection of movies and TV Shows and a superb selection of streaming links. The latest January update has come with a new IPTV functionality meant to watch Live TV from around the world, but it’s not yet fully functional as at the time of this writing.
The Covenant Addon is now hosted in its own repository (Covenant Repository), and you can install the addon to enjoy HD content for free.
Important: Stream safely
It’s becoming more and more dangerous to stream using third-party addon on Kodi. This is due to the increased efforts by ISPs, governments, and content producers to curb illegal streaming of copyrighted content.
Covenant and other third-party Kodi addons do not host the content they present. Rather, they scrape the links from publicly available websites, and such links often offer pirated content. This means that you can easily get in trouble for streaming on Kodi.
To avoid getting a DMCA notice or any other consequences, always use a reliable VPN like IPVanish. The VPN will encrypt your traffic and securely tunnel it to a remote server of your choosing. This way, your ISP won’t be able to see what you are streaming or accessing. You will also get a new IP address that will act as a new layer of anonymity.
We recommend IPVanish
The reason we recommend IPVanish is because the VPN offers:
- Good streaming speeds
- Zero-logs policy. It doesn’t keep any logs at all
- More than 1300 servers in more than 75 countries, to bypass any geographic restriction
- Strong 256-bit AES encryption
- Up to 10 devices/simultaneous connections with one single subscription
To help you get started, below is a coupon that will get you 71% discount off!
How to Install Covenant Kodi Addon
After getting a subscription to IPVanish, you can now go ahead and install Covenant on Kodi. Since it’s a third-party Kodi addon, we’ll first need to enable installation from “unknown sources.”
Here’s the procedure for doing so:
- While at the Homepage, open Settings by clicking the button
- On the system page, select System
- Hover over Addons and enable Unknown Sources
Kodi can now install addons from third-party sources.
To install Covenant on Kodi, we now need to install its host repository, Covenant Repository.
Adding the Covenant Repo Source
Some ISPs frequently block various Kodi repositories to prevent the installation of addons that facilitate illegal streaming. So, before you add the URL, you need to turn on your IPVanish first!
- After that, go back to the Kodi home screen, and click the Settings button then select File Manager
- Double-click “Add-Source” and type in the URL https://covenant01.github.io/zip/ into the window that opens. Below that, name it as “Covenant ” and then click “OK”
Installing Covenant Repo
- Now, go back to the Kodi home screen. On the left-hand side menu, click “Add-ons.”
- On the top left side of the screen, click the open box icon.
- Select “Install from Zip File.”
- Select the repo you just added above. It should be displayed as “Covenant”
- Select repository.covenant-x.x.zip
- You will receive a notification when the repo installs successfully.
Install Covenant Kodi Addon
- While on the same page, click “Install from repository”
- Select “Covenant Repository”
- Select “Video Add-ons” and then click on “Covenant”
- You will now get an “Install” option. Hit it
- You’ll get a pop up of all the dependencies that will be installed along with the addon. Just click OK and Covenant Kodi Addon will now install. After the process is complete, you’ll get a notification.
From there, you only need to ensure that your IPVanish app is turned on. You can then enjoy streaming safely on Kodi!
Covenant is one of the best Kodi addons for watching movies and TV shows at the moment. With the guide above, you can install the addon is just a few minutes. You can then integrate Real-debrid and Trakt.tv to enhance your streaming experience.
Enjoy your streaming!