This guide will show you how to install the Mega IPTV Kodi addon on Kodi 19. The guide is applicable to all devices that run Kodi, including Firestick, Chromecast, Nvidia Shield, and Android TV.
Mega IPTV is a live TV Kodi addon from the G-Live Repository. The addon’s standout feature is that it provides channels from 180+ countries, which means thousands of live TV channels (hence the name “Mega”). These channels are sourced from the IPTV-org repository on GitHub as well as Fluxus IPTV, and they include local channels that you most likely won’t find on any other addon.
Mega IPTV’s main categories are:
- IPTV-ORG Channels by Country
- Fluxus Channels by Category
- Free-IPTV by Country
The two “by country” categories list countries in alphabetical order, while the “by category” section includes genres such as Anime, Comedy, Cooking, Game Show, Kids, Lifestyle, etc.
In this guide, we’ll show you how to install the Mega IPTV Kodi addon in 5 minutes.
⚠ Caution: Use a VPN!
Mega IPTV is a third-party Kodi addon, and the addon and the scrappers from other addons that it hosts don’t own the content they provide. These addons simply scour the web for links, some of which are usually pirated.
👉 As a result, you need to ensure that you hide your activities using a reliable streaming VPN whenever you are using the addon. The VPN will encrypt your activities to hide them from your ISP, then change your IP address to make sure no one can track you down based on your activities.
✋ However, the VPN you need to use needs to offer high levels of security, privacy, and speed.
How to Install Mega IPTV Kodi Addon
First, we’ll first need to enable installation from “unknown sources.”
- Open Settings from the Kodi main page.
- Select System on the system page.
- Hover over Addons and enable Unknown Sources.
From now on, you can install third-party addons without repeating this procedure.
Adding G-Live Repository Source
✋ Before you add the URL, turn on IPVanish to ensure that you are anonymous.
- From there go back to Settings and select File Manager.
- Double-click “Add-Source” and type in the URL
https://mrgsi.github.io/glive/into the window that opens. This will insert GLive into the text box below, and you can click “OK.”
Installing G-Live Repository
Now, we can use the added source to install the host repository, G-Live.
- On the Kodi home screen click “Add-ons” on the left-hand side menu.
- On the top left side of the screen, click the open box icon.
- Select “Install from Zip File.”
- This will throw a warning if you are using Kodi 19. Just click “Yes.”
- Click Repos and then select “GLive.”
- Select repository.glive-x.x.x.zip (where x stands for the version).
- You will receive a notification when the repo installs successfully.
Install Mega IPTV Kodi Addon
We can now install the Mega IPTV addon on Kodi.
- While on the same page, click “Install from repository.”
- Select “G-Live Repository”
- Select “Video Add-ons” and then click on “Mega IPTV.”
- You will now get an “Install” option. Hit it.
- You’ll get a pop-up of all the dependencies that will be installed along with the addon. Just click OK, and the Addon will now install. After the process is complete, you’ll get a notification.
Now that you have installed the addon and your VPN is on, you can go ahead and open it. Here’s the main menu.
In the various sections, you’ll find sub-categories to help with the navigation.
You can then select a channel and enjoy streaming in HD for free!
Mega IPTV is a superb Kodi addon if you are looking for unpopular channels, and it also provides the “standard” one you’d find on other addons. To check it out, you can install the addon using the guide above. However,