Shadow is a recent addon to watch Movies and TV Shows with the highest possible quality, including 4K and 3D movies, using the most modern streaming features, and here’s the install guide on Kodi
Today I am going to walk you through the step-by-step guide to install Shadow Kodi addon in 2020. You can easily install Shadow addon on Kodi from Magnetic or The Crew Repository. This is a relatively new Movie/TV-Show add-on available in 2020 and it is also compatible with Kodi Leia 18.5. The latest version of Shadow Kodi add-on v.2.1.8 comes with some important fixes and upgrades.
The Shadow Kodi Addon
Shadow is a popular Movie/TV add-on you can install on Kodi Leia 18.5 and previous builds. Its latest update, version-2.1.8 is mainly bug-free and runs smoothly as compared to the previous version. You can use either The Crew Repo or Magnetic Repo to install Shadow Kodi addon in 2020.
Shadow is a fast Kodi add-on and its user-interface is simple. It is compatible with Trakt and lets you stream High-Quality resolution. The links are more stable with the latest version.
Advantages of Installing Shadow Kodi Addon
- One-Click & Play
- Keeps history of previous streams
- Resume streaming from the point where you quit last time
- Trakt compatible
- Cached torrents
- All Debrid-Platforms supported
Disadvantages of Shadow Kodi Addon
- Requires Real-Debrid to work
- A third-party add-on from community developers. For safe streaming, you must run the VPN when using Shadow Kodi add-on
Being an open-source platform, Kodi doesn’t restrict community developers. This is where things become tricky because these developers don’t take the responsibility of safe streaming. They use different publically vulnerable sources and may access torrent servers. This is what makes the third-party add-ons more vulnerable to unintentional violations. Your identity is open to government agencies and ISPs through these unreliable servers.
Anonymous streaming is important these days because there are always chances of copyright violation when using third-party add-ons and streaming apps.
You can stream safely by masking your IP address. The best way is to install and run a premium VPN service.
The VPN we recommend
If you haven’t tried a VPN yet, check out IPVanish. This is a premium and one of the most reliable VPNs in 2020 for safe streaming. It not only lets you use virtual IP addresses from different countries and continents but it also encrypts all data that travels from your device to different servers on the internet. The end-to-end encryption makes sure that your credentials and personal information are not revealed to anyone. IPVanish has a strict Zero-Log policy which means that its premium servers never store or reveal your browsing history.
Access to the IPVanish premium servers ensures fast streaming speed without buffering with no data or bandwidth limit. You can stream regionally restricted content easily by using IP addresses from the most suitable country. IPVanish has servers in all major regions and countries including the United States and the UK.
We were able to get an exclusive 73% of IPVanish.
👍 Save 73% of IPVanish now!
How to Install Shadow Kodi Addon in 2020
Since Magnetic and The Crew are third-party repositories, you must set up Kodi to allow Downloading files from unknown sources before you install Shadow Kodi add-on.
Enable Downloading from Unknown Sources
- Start Kodi App > Go to Settings (Click Cogwheel icon)
- Go to System > Navigate to add-ons
- The right-panel on the screen will show the option Download from Unknown Sources. Enable this option and press OK to lock settings
Installing the repository
You can either opt for Magnetic or The Crew. This guide, I am using the ULR to Magnetic Repo.
- Firstly turn a Good VPN On, as this will avoid your ISP to block the repository as well the addon. We recommend the use of a Good VPN like IPVanish
- Return to Settings > Open File Manager > Go to Add Sources
- Press <None> and the system will let you type or paste the URL. You need to use the following link to get to the Magnetic Repository – http://magnetic.website/repo/. Make sure you copy/paste or write it exactly the same or it might not work.
- Name the media source (Magnetic) and press OK
- Access Settings and then open the Package Installer (add-ons)
- Select Install from zip file > Find the media source name you selected (Magnetic)
- Open Magnetic-1.0.8.zip
Install Shadow Kodi Addon
- Once Magnetic Repo is installed and without returning, click Install from repository
- Browse through the available repositories and select Magnetic Repo
- Click video addons > Select Shadow > Press Install
- Wait for the successfully installed message to popup
- You’ll find Shadow by returning to Home > Addons
Using Shadow Kodi Addon
Once you’ve launched the addon you’ll initially be prompted with some information about Trackt which is worth reading. You can configure Trakt as well as Real Debrid in the setting section. You might be required to reauthorize your device to finalize this portion of the setup with Trakt and Real Debrid. It is fairly painless though.
The initial screen of Shadow is fairly simple with two primary categories of interest, Movie World and TV World. There is a search function also but the power of Shadow is seen when you navigate into either of these two main categories as there are lots under each. For example, in Movie World you have Theaters, Popular, 3D, Genre, and Years as a start to pick from. You have similar choices in TV World so you’re guaranteed to find something worth watching.
With a Real-Debrid account, the quality of the streams is exceptional and shows can be watched in 4K HD which is an experience worth exploring.
The whole process to install the Shadow Kodi addon will take less than 5 minutes. But safe streaming is more important than the quick installation of an add-on.
We hope this guide on How to Install Shadow Addon, have expanded your streaming options on Kodi. Please rate and share this Guide with all your friends.
Have quality streaming!