This guide shows how to install SkyNet Kodi Addon on Kodi 18.9 Leia. The addon is not yet compatible with Kodi 19 Matrix.
SkyNet is a popular Exodus Fork Kodi with a ton of great content. The addon is amazing for watching movies and TV shows as it provides lots of links. The titles are also well organized and categorized into: Movies, TV Shows, My Movies, My TV Shows, New Movies, New Episodes, Channels, and more.
Each category has more sections grouping titles in popularity, year of release, ratings, genres, etc. There’s also a search button that makes it easy to get what you are looking for. You’ll get links for whatever you are looking for, but you can also integrate Real-Debrid to ensure you only get the best quality.
SkyNet doesn’t host the content it provides, and it doesn’t vet it either. The addon simply scrapes for links from the web and provides them to users in a well-organized manner. This is quite dangerous in that some of the links that you get maybe (and most probably are) pirated. Consuming such content can easily land you in trouble with the authorities, and so you need a VPN to help you avoid DMCA notices. The VPN will also help you access the addon’s torrent links if your ISP blocks or throttles them.
How to Install SkyNet Kodi Addon
SkyNet is a third-party Kodi addon, so it’s not available within the official Kodi repository. We’ll first need to enable installation from “unknown sources.”
Here’s the procedure for doing so:
- While at the Homepage, open Settings by clicking the cog button.
- On the system page, select System.
- Hover over Addons and enable Unknown Sources.
Kodi can now install addons from third-party sources.
To install SkyNet on Kodi, we now need to install its host repository,
Adding DejaVu Repo Source
- First of all, you need to turn on your VPN first. Some ISPs frequently block various Kodi repositories.
We recommend you to use of a reliable VPN like IPVanish.
- After that, go back to the Kodi home screen, click the Settings button, and select File Manager.
- Double-click “Add-Source” and type in the URL
https://dejavurepo.github.iointo the window that opens. Type “DejaVu” under the textbox below, then click “OK.”
Installing DejaVu Repo
- Now, go back to the Kodi home screen. On the left-hand side menu, click “Add-ons.”
- On the top left side of the screen, click the open box icon.
- Select “Install from Zip File.”
- Click Repos and then select “DejaVu.”
- Select repository.DejaVu-1.0.5.zip.
- You will receive a notification when the repo installs successfully.
Install SkyNet Kodi Addon
- While on the same page, click “Install from repository.”
- Select “DejaVu Repository”
- Select “Video Add-ons” and then click on “SkyNet.”
- You will now get an “Install” option. Hit it.
- You’ll get a pop-up of all the dependencies that will be installed along with the addon. Just click OK, and SkyNet Kodi Addon will now install. After the process is complete, you’ll get a notification.
From there, you can select a title and watch it for free. However, to get 1080p and 4K addons, you’ll need to integrate Real-Debrid.
SkyNet is a great Kodi addon for on-demand content. The addon is simple and lets you enjoy various videos from multiple sections, and you can install it easily using the guidelines given above.