After Neptune Rising stopped working soon a fork from this popular addon have rising – the Uranus. The new addon comes with lots of quality links to Movies and TV Shows streams and is now one of the best addons to install on Kodi
Uranus Kodi addon is a fork of the Neptune Rising Kodi addon. The addon was created when Neptune Rising stopped working, and it has maintained its great performance since then. It is has been recently updated, and it is currently one of the best working addons.
The new and revamped version provides a rich content library with lots of HD streams. Though not required to use the Addon this can be improved further by integrating Real-Debrid, which provides HD buffer-free links.
Before you stream anything on Uranus or any other third-party Kodi addon, we strongly suggest that you use a VPN. This is because third-party addons usually provide pirated streams, and consumption of illegal content can easily land you in trouble. Thousands of Kodi users have received DMCA notices, and other streaming fans have ended up facing legal action.
A VPN can protect you from such by encrypting your traffic spoofing your IP address to give a new online identity. From there, neither your ISP nor the government can make sense of your traffic, and your activities won’t be traceable.
At BestDroidPlayer, we suggest that you go for IPVanish as it’s the best VPN for Kodi. The VPN gives you excellent speeds that you can use to stream in HD without issues. Further, it doesn’t log any of your activities, you can protect many devices with one single account, and there’s a 100% money-back guarantee.
To help you stay safe while streaming, we have managed to an exclusive 71% for BestDroidPlayer readers!
How to Install Uranus Kodi Addon
After getting a subscription to IPVanish, you can now go ahead and install Uranus on Kodi. Since it’s a third-party Kodi addon, we’ll first need to enable installation from “unknown sources.”
Here’s the procedure for doing so:
- While at the Homepage, open Settings by clicking the cog button
- On the system page, select System
- Hover over Addons and enable Unknown Sources
Kodi can now install addons from third-party sources.
To install Uranus on Kodi, we now need to install its host repository, Cy4Root Repository.
Adding Cy4Root Repo Source
- Before you add the URL, you need to turn on IPVanish first. Many ISPs frequently block various Kodi repositories to prevent the installation of addons that facilitate illegal streaming.
- After that, go back to the Kodi home screen, and click the Settings button then select File Manager
- Double-click “Add-Source” and type in the URL https://cy4root2.github.io/zip/ into the window that opens. Type “Cy4Root” under the textbox below then click “OK”
Installing Cy4Root Repo
- Now, go back to the Kodi home screen. On the left-hand side menu, click “Add-ons.”
- On the top left side of the screen, click the icon (package installer).
- Select “Install from Zip File.”
- Select “Cy4Root” or whichever name you gave it.
- Click on cy4root-master.zip
- You will receive a notification when the repo installs successfully.
Install Uranus Kodi Addon
- While on the same page, click “Install from repository”
- Select “Cy4Root Repository”
- Select “Video Add-ons” and then click on “Uranus”
- You will now get an “Install” option. Hit it
- You’ll get a pop up of all the dependencies that will be installed along with the addon. Just click OK and Uranus Kodi Addon will now install. After the process is complete, you’ll get a notification.
You can then enjoy streaming safely Movies, TV Shows, and so much more on Kodi!
With the above guide, you can easily install Uranus Kodi addon and enjoy lots of free content.
We hope this guide on how to install Uranus Kodi addon on your Kodi was helpful. If so, please rate it and share it with your friends.
Have a wonderful day!