Looking to Watch all the FIFA World Cup 2018 matches Live on Kodi? In this article you will find the best options and kodi addons to watch the World Cup.
The FIFA World Cup 2018 edition kicks off this summer on June 14th. Reigning world champions Germany will be battling it out to try and defend their title from 31 other teams on Russian tuff. As usual, it will be all thunder and fireworks in Russia, and we know you don’t want to miss any of the action.
If you are a Kodi fan, then get ready for the good news because you can watch all 68 games live and free on Kodi. In this guide, we’ll show you how to watch FIFA World Cup 2018 on Kodi, using any of your streaming devices. We’ll also show you the best FIFA World Cup 2018 add-ons to let you enjoy the biggest footballing even with unlimited freedom.
Alternatives for watching FIFA World Cup 2018 on Kodi
Kodi offers a number of ways through which you can watch the FIFA World Cup 2018 tournament.
- Using official streams
- Through third-party Kodi Add-ons
FIFA World Cup Kodi Official Streams
If you’d like to go for this method, then you can turn to three add-ons; iPlayer WWW, Fox Sports Go, NBCSN. All these add-ons are available on the official Kodi repository, which is automatically installed when you install Kodi.
However, the last two in this list require a subscription. iPlayer WWW doesn’t, and therefore should be the best option.
How to watch the World Cup on Kodi; iPlayerWWW
BBC is the official FIFA Worldcup broadcaster in the UK, and BBC iPlayer is their online streaming platform. iPlayer WWW, on the other hand, is their official Kodi add-on, and it can be used to stream the FIFA World Cup on Kodi.
However, BBC iPlayer is geo-restricted and only works while you are in the UK. Whenever you try streaming outside the region, all you get is an error.
Fortunately, these restrictions can be circumvented by the use of a VPN. When you connect your VPN to a server in the UK, you are given a new IP address that belongs to the UK. Whenever you try streaming iPlayer now, you’ll be given access.
You should however note that BBC iPlayer does not allow people outside the UK to stream from the platform using a VPN. For this reason, they have implemented a system that blocks VPN users. And though most VPNs don’t work with iPlayer, there are some that have always managed to stay in the game, allowing users to stream BBC iPlayer outside the UK unrestricted. The VPN that I recommend is IPVanish, and if you need to stream BBC iPlayer outside the UK, you will need this VPN.>> Use this link to Save 71% of IPVanish
After getting yourself a VPN that works with BBC iPlayer, you can now install the add-on. Here’s the procedure:
- Launch Kodi
- Go to “Add-ons”
- Click on the Package installer icon. It’s on the top left side of the screen.
- Select “Install from Repository.”
- Now select “Kodi Add-on ”
- Click on “Video Add-ons”
- Click iPlayer WWW
- Hit “Install”
iPlayer WWW should now install. You will get a notification when it’s complete.
You can now access the add-on from Home screen> Add-ons.
Stream FIFA World Cup 2018 on Kodi using third-party add-ons
Kodi’s biggest strength is the ability to integrate third-party add-ons from various developers all over the world. This helps users benefit from diversity of content, and the same applies to streaming the FIFA World Cup on Kodi.
There are various add-ons that you can use to stream the World Cup on Kodi. Some of the best are;
- Kick Off
- Sports Live TV
- Cerebro IPTV+
The best FIFA World Cup Repository
Repositories hold more than just a single add-on. It therefore makes all the sense to look for a repository that can give you more add-ons that you can use to watch the 2018 FIFA World Cup on Kodi.
The best repository for this task is the Kodil repository (Kodi Israel.) This is because the repo contains quite a number of sports add-ons that will be streaming the World Cup. Inclusive in the list are all the add-ons that we’ve mentioned above. You can even install the iPlayer WWW add-on from there if you so wish.
How to Install Add-ons to stream FIFA World Cup on Kodi
Kodil Repo is easy to install, and you will always receive updates for your add-ons. Follow the procedure below to install the repository.
Enable “Unknown Sources”
To install ay third-party add-ons, you will need to configure your Kodi device to accept the same. This step only applies to those who have not done the same already.
To do so:
- Click on the Settings Icon on the top left corner.
- Go to “System Settings”
- Select “Add-ons” and then turn on ‘Unknown Sources.’
A warning box will pop up. Accept by clicking ‘Yes.’
You can now install third-party add-ons to watch FIFA World Cup on Kodi.
There have been significant crackdowns over the last few months on illegal streaming. This is due to the ISPs blocking users’ access to streaming sites, causing Kodi errors and streams not opening or constantly pausing.
Luckily, if you use a good VPN, your traffic will be anonymous and encrypted so your ISP won’t be able to see what you are doing online.
The VPN we recommend is IPVanish, you can try it for 7 days and if you’re not satisfied you can always ask your money back.>> Use this link to Save 71% of IPVanish
Adding Kodil Repository
- Navigate to the Kodi Home screen and click the gear Icon to open the System Menu.
- Select File Manager, and then double-click “Add-Source” to open a panel.
- Type the URL http://kdil.co/repo/ into the window that opens.
- Under ‘name,’ type “Kodil” You can then click “OK”.
Adding Repository Add-ons
- Go back to the Kodi Home screen and select “Add-ons.”
- Click the open box icon on the top left side.
- Select “Install from Zip File”
- Select the repository you just added in the previous stage. The repository is displayed using the name you typed.
- Select the latest version of Kodil.
- The repository add-ons should now install. A notification will appear when it’s ready to use.
Installing World Cup Kodi Add-ons
- While on the same screen (Add-ons menu), click the open box icon again.
- Now choose “Install from the ”
- Select “Kodil Repository” and then “Video Add-ons.”
- You will get an interface with very many add-ons. Among these are SportsDevil, Sportie, Sports Live TV, Kick Off and Cerebero IPTV+.
- Select any of them, and you will be given an option to “Install” the add-on. Click it.
- Wait for the installation to complete. You will get a notification when a particular add-on completes the installation.
You can install as many sports add-ons from the same repository as you wish.
However, you should note that most of these third-party add-ons normally get their streams from questionable sources. You should therefore make sure that you use a VPN to keep yourself secure and private. To kill two birds with one stone, you can get a VPN that works with BBC iPlayer. ExpressVPN and NordVPN are your best options.
You can then join the month-long festivity and enjoy the 2018 FIFA World Cup on Kodi!