This guide will show you how to install Kodi 20 Nexus on Firestick, Android TV, Windows, and macOS. The guide also lists the best Kodi addons for Kodi 20 Nexus.
Kodi v20, codename Nexus, is here with us. The Kodi Foundation recently released the newest iteration of the popular media organizer and player, which is an improvement on the Kodi 19 Matrix released in 2019.
Kodi 20 Nexus mostly builds on Kodi 19 as it is also based on Python 3, so you won’t experience the major shift in addons that was synonymous with the last major update. However, installing Kodi 20 Nexus can still be quite the challenge on Firestick as the software is not available on the Amazon Store. This guide will take you through how to install Kodi 20 Nexus on Firestick and let you know everything else you need to know to get started. It will also feature how to install Kodi 20 Nexus on Android TV, Windows, and macOS. Note that the process is the same whether you are upgrading from Kodi 19 Matrix or installing Kodi for the first time.
Protect your Privacy & Security!
It’s important to note that third-party Kodi addons may provide illegal access to copyrighted content, so it’s always important to use a VPN whenever you are streaming on Kodi. A VPN will help you hide your online activities from your ISP and change your IP address to stream anonymously. This way, your ISP can’t tell the type of content you access, and the websites you visit also can’t know your real IP address. The result? Enhanced privacy and protection from copyright infringement notices.
The Best VPN for Kodi
We test all Premium VPNs periodically, and, for now, Surfshark tops our list as the best VPN for Kodi. The VPN balances speed, security, and price quite well, and here’s an overview of what it offers:
- ⚡ Superb Speeds: Guarantees a smooth live streaming experience.
- 🌍 Huge Server Network: You can connect to a nearby server for a fast and stable connection.
- 😲 UNLIMITED Devices: Connect dozens of devices at the same time!
- 🔑Unblock Anything: Safe access to censored apps, websites and torrent sites.
- 😎 Best in Privacy: The VPN doesn’t keep any activity logs, and so your activities are only known to you.
- 🔐 Top-notch Security: This VPN uses AES 256-bit encryption and provides multiple protocols alongside other security features such as a kill switch, DNS & IPv6 protection and WireGuard.
- 💳 30 Days RISK FREE Money-Back Guarantee: In case you do not like the service, you can get every penny back if you cancel within 30 days!
How to Install Kodi on Firestick & other Fire TV devices
Since the Kodi app is not available on the official Amazon store, we’ll need to sideload it. For that, we’ll use an app known as Downloader. A popular alternative is using ES File Explorer, but you may need a premium subscription for that.
Step 1: Install Downloader
To install the Downloader app:
- Hover over Find, then click Search while at the Firestick home page.
- Type Downloader, then select the suggestion to search for the app.
- You should now see it as the first result.
- Select Downloader and click Download.
- After the installation, you’ll get an option to Open the app. Don’t click on it; just go back to the home page.
Step 2: Enable Installation from Unknown Sources
Before we proceed to install Kodi using Downloader, we’ll need to enable permissions to install third-party apps.
- Go to Settings on the main page and select My Fire TV.
- Open Developer options.
- Turn on Apps from Unknown Sources (Firestick 4K, Fire TV Stick Gen 2, and Fire TV Cube).
If you are using Fire TV Stick Gen 3, Firestick Lite, or Android TV, the option will be “Unknown Apps.” Once you select it, you will see Downloader, and you can then click it to turn on the option.
You can now install any third-party apps through the Downloader app. However, you should also consider disabling data sharing to enhance your privacy if you have not yet done so (in addition to using a VPN).
To do that, go back to the home screen, then click Settings > Preferences > Privacy Settings. Now, turn off “Device Usage Data” and, most importantly, “Collect App Usage Data.”
This will ensure Amazon doesn’t collect data on the apps you use.
Step 3: Install Kodi 20 Nexus on Firestick
Finally, we can install Kodi 20 Nexus on Firestick. The process is the same whether you are upgrading from Kodi 19 Matrix or installing Kodi for the first time.
- Launch Downloader and go to the URL section. Type the URL
kodi.tv/downloadand click Go.
- Scroll down and select Android.
- Choose the ARMV7A (32-bit) version.
- The installation file should now start downloading.
- You’ll then be prompted to install it. Click Install.
- After the installation, click Done.
- You’ll then get an option to delete the apk file and save some space. Click Delete.
- Click Delete once more to confirm.
You’ve now completed the installation process. Go to your apps section, and you will find the new app.
You can launch the app.
Here’s the home page.
You can now go ahead and install Kodi add-ons.
💡 Updating Kodi It’s an important task you should perform regularly or when it prompts you. To help with that, visit our guide on How to Update Kodi on Firestick.
How to Install Kodi 20 Nexus on Android TV
If you own a Chromecast with Google TV or any Android TV box/stick, you can also install Kodi 20 Nexus. The process here is much simpler than installing the software on Firestick, as Kodi is available on the official Google Play Store.
To install Kodi 20 on Android TV, simply go to Play Store, search for the software, and click Install.
How to Install Kodi 20 Nexus on Windows
You can also install Kodi 20 Nexus on Windows. The easiest way to do this is through the official Microsoft Store, which usually has the latest version of Kodi.
You can also download the executable file from the Kodi download page and run it.
Here’s the process:
- Go to the official Kodi download page.
- Scroll down and select the Windows version.
- Under Downloads, double-click on the file you’ve just downloaded.
- Follow the installation wizard to complete the installation.
Kodi should now be on the top of your app list under “New Apps.”
How to Install Kodi on macOS
Kodi v20 also runs natively on Mac OS. To install the software, you can download the dmg file from the macOS download page and install it like any other software.
Here’s the process:
- Go to the official Kodi download page.
- Scroll down and select the macOS version.
- Under Downloads, click on the Installer button.
- When the file finishes downloading, double-click it.
- When prompted, drag and drop the installation file into the application folder.
When running Kodi for the first time, you may get a message saying that you cannot open applications from unknown developers.
In such a case, click the Apple icon, then select System preferences → Security and privacy → Unlock → Allow apps downloaded from → Anywhere. Kodi should now start without any issues.
Best Kodi Addons for Kodi 20 Nexus
Kodi 20 Nexus is compatible with most Kodi 19 addons, but here’s a quick overview of some of the best Kodi 20 addons you can install to watch free movies, TV shows, and live TV:
- Asgard (All in One)
- 4K (Movies & TV Shows)
- Patriot (Movies & TV Shows)
- Mad Titan Sports (Sports)
- LNTV (Live TV)
- KodiVerse (All in One)
- The Crew (All in One)
- 9 Lives (Movies & TV Shows)
- RBTV (LiveTV)
- SportHD (Sports)
- Seren (Movies & TV Shows)
- NightWing (Movies & TV Shows)
- Dynasty (Movies & TV Shows)
- Homelander (Movies & TV Shows)
- VideoDevil (Adult)
We regularly review the best Kodi addons, and you can check them out here.
If you have Kodi 19, you can upgrade to the latest version by installing Kodi 20 Nexus. The software is available for all devices that support Kodi, and you can install it using the guide above. However,
Keep in mind that your ISP always monitors your online activities, so always use a reliable VPN such as Surfshark whenever you are streaming.
Leave a Reply