Kodi is one of the best apps you can install on your Xiaomi Mi Stick. Apart from organizing the content you own, the app lets you stream anything you want for free. You can use it to watch live TV, live sports, movies, TV shows, documentaries, kids’ content, and so much more.
To do this, you will first need to install Kodi on Xiaomi Mi Stick or Mi Box, and then configure it with addons. In this guide, we’ll show you two methods you can use to install the app on your streaming stick, and you can check out our Kodi section for the latest addon tutorials.
⚠ Stream safely!
Kodi, in its original form, is a legit application. However, installing third-party Kodi addons completely changes this, and that’s why the app has been removed from various app stores. Third-party addons do not host or own the content they provide but rather scrape for publicly available links from the internet.
To avoid any potential liabilities, you should hide your activities and stream anonymously using a VPN. Check out 15 awesome things you can do with a VPN
Method 1: How to Install Kodi on Xiaomi Mi Stick from the Play Store
Kodi is currently available on the Google Play Store, and so you can install it using just a few steps:
- While at the device main menu, select the Search option.
- On the search box, type in “Kodi.” You can then click the search icon.
- Kodi should be the first suggestion. Click to open the app menu.
- Click Install, and the app will download then install.
After that, you can open Kodi from the Apps section.
Method 2: How to Install Kodi on Xiaomi Mi Stick by Sideloading
This method allows you to install Kodi on your device if you can’t install it from the Play Store for whatever reason.
Step 1: Install Downloader app
Downloader is a utility app that allows us to search, download, and install apks on Mi Stick and Firestick, among other streaming devices.
The app is readily available on the Play Store, and so you only need to do a few things to install it.
- Go to the search option on the top right side of the homepage. Type “downloader app” and search.
- The app should appear as the first option. Select it.
- You will now get an option to install the app. Just hit the “install” button.
Once it’s installed, do not open it yet.
Step 2: Enable Unknown sources.
Before you can install an apk using downloader, you first need to enable installation from “unknown sources.” To do this:
- Go back to the home page and select “Settings” from the menu on the top right.
- Scroll down and open “Device Preferences.”
- Scroll all the way down and open “Security & Restrictions.”
- Select “Unknown Sources”
- Now, you will see Downloader as a potential source. Toggle the button beside it to allow the app to install APKs. It will now turn blue
After that, you can go to your apps and launch downloader.
Step 4: Configuring Downloader
When downloader opens for the first time, it will request permission to access files. Select “Allow” to grant.
Now, since Google doesn’t allow browsers on the Google TV app store, you need to download a browser plugin for Downloader. To do so, type browser.aftvnews.com into the URL field and select Go.
The plugin will start downloading, and downloader will then give you an option to install it. After that, click “Done,” and you will get an option to delete the file and free up space.
Step 5: Download the Kodi apk file using downloader
Now, everything is set for you to download apks using direct links or by visiting the application’s website.
To download the Kodi apk file:
- Go to the browser section of downloader and search Kodi.
- Under the search results, open Kodi.tv.
- Open the menu on the top left side and select “download.” This should take you to the “choose your weapon” section.
- Select Android.
- Choose the ARMV7A (32-bit) version.
- Kodi should start downloading.
- Upon completion, click “Install.”
- After the installation, click “Done.”
You will now get an option to delete the file and clear space. After that, go to your apps section, and you will find the latest version of Kodi.
Kodi is probably the most popular media management and streaming software, ever. The fact of to be extremely flexible, gives the user a great freedom, but also brings some configuring complexity. That’s why you should to give a special attention to its configuration, after the initial install. To help you on that task, we recommend you to visit our Complete Kodi Setup Guide. After that you’ll be able to go to the next step – to install Addons on Kodi.
Configure Kodi with Addons
After installing Kodi, the next task is to install addons to stream whatever you are interested in. To get started, you can check out our guides for the best Kodi addons.
- 15 Best Sports Addons for Kodi 2021
- Best Kodi Addons for Live TV
- Best Kodi Addons for Movies & TV Shows
- Bets Kodi Addons for Anime
- Best Kodi Addons for Adult content
Apart from installing Kodi addons one by one, you can also check out our guide on the best Kodi builds for Live TV and for Movies & TV Shows. These builds will transform your Kodi app’s appearance and install multiple addons at once that you can use to stream online for free. But before you stream anything, ensure that you are connected to a Good VPN like IPVanish app.
If you haven’t installed the IPVanish‘s app, you can use the same procedure we used for downloader. Just go to the search option and type IPVanish. Once the app installs, you can then use your credentials to sign in. Connect to a server near you to enjoy the best speeds, and you can then stream safely and anonymously.
Kodi can take your streaming experience to a whole new level by opening a new world of unlimited free content. The app runs smoothly on all Xiaomi Mi Stick and Xiaomi Mi Box variations, and you can use the guide above to install it.
Now that you have the Xiaomi Mi Stick, an excellent streaming device, we hope to have helped you to install one of the best streaming application – the Kodi. Please rate this article and, if you found it useful, please share it with your friends.
Have a nice streaming!