How to Install and Setup Stremio on Amazon FireStick / Fire TV
Stremio works similar to Kodi and Plex, but the app is easier and nicer. The software also allows you to install 3rd party add-ons which can either be ‘official’ or ‘unofficial’. Learn here how to install Stremio on Firestick or Fire TV.
With the increase in the number of people using alternatives to cable TV packages, there has been a rise in the use of media centre software. One that is now taking all the hype is Stremio. Stremio is a media centre application that can be used to manage and stream media on smartphones, desktop PCs and tablets.
Stremio works similar to Kodi and Plex, but the app is easier and nicer. The software also allows you to install 3rd party add-ons which can either be ‘official’ or ‘unofficial.’
Stream Anonymously on Stremio
While Stremio provides great convenience, there’s every need to exercise caution when streaming with the software. First, the Stremio uses Bit Torrent technology. This means that whenever using Stremio, your IP address is publicly broadcast. With that, your ISP and other third-party organisations can know what you are doing online.
Apart from your privacy, you may also end up on the wrong side of the law by streaming copyrighted content. For these and more reasons, you need to use a VPN whenever streaming with Stremio.
A VPN encrypts all your traffic and then sends it through a secure tunnel to a VPN server. In the process, you are given a new identity which makes you anonymous while streaming online. With that, you can have the freedom to stream without worries.
However, all VPNs are not made equal and therefore you need to choose your VPN well. IPVanish is the best starting point if you are an avid streamer. Actually, the VPN is usually referred to as the best VPN for streaming services. This is because of its super speeds, zero logs and many servers.
Readers Offer: 73% Discount on IPVanish. Click to apply the discount.
You may also want to read this article: 5 reasons why you should use a VPN while streaming.
Before you install Stremio on Firestick, you will need to have the downloader app. The app will then be used to download stremio. Here’s the procedure to follow.
Installing downloader app on Firestick
- The first step is going to the settings and select device. Ensure that “Apps from Uknown Sources” is turned ON
- On the device go to the developer options
- Enable ADB debugging and turn on enable installation from Unknown sources
- Go back to Home Screen and select Search option
- On the search field type downloader and select the downloader app from the list of results displayed on the screen.
- Once the apps are displayed on the screen, select downloader from the listed apps
- Tap on the Get button to install the downloader on your Amazon Firestick
- After the installation, click Open to launch the application or open the application in the home screen, the apps menu
The next process is now installing Stremio using the downloader app.
Installing stremio using Downloader
- In the URL field of th Downloader app, enter this URL address: https://www.strem.io/downloads
- Choose Stremio 0.40.1 APK and a download will pop up on the screen.
- After the downloading is complete, click on the Next button and Install.
- The installation will be done. Click Open to launch the Stremio app in Firestick. You can also press DONE if you wish to run the programme later.
Enjoy the power of Stremio on Amazon FireStick with IPVanish!
Now that you have Stremio installed, you may want to install some Stremio Addons. Here’s how to install Stremio Addons.