Choosing the right streaming application is the only required thing to be able to watch Live TV and Sports without subscribing any IPTV service and TvTap is an excellent addon based on the homonymous Android app, that you can install on your Kodi.
This guide will show you how to install the TvTap, ultimately known as TapTv, Kodi addon. Screenshots accompany the guide, and it can be used to install the addon on Firestick/ Fire TV, Android TV, Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Nvidia Shield, and any other device that supports Kodi.
The TvTap Kodi addon has been adapted from the popular TvTap android app that can also be installed on Firestick and other Android devices. The addon specializes in Live TV, presenting hundreds of channels that let you stream live and for free.
TV Channels are grouped into Documentary, Entertainment, Food, Kids, Movies, Music, News, Sports, and USA Channels. The Sports category is the most impressive, and it lets you watch almost all popular sports channels from Europe, the USA, the Middle East, and other regions. Available sports include Football, Boxing, WWE, NFL, NHL, MBA, TENNIS, and more.
Be Careful! ⚠
Kodi lets you watch lots of content for free, but you can easily land in trouble for the same. This is because TVTap and other third-party Kodi addons usually provide streams that are mostly illegal.
Whenever you are streaming, your IP address is usually visible to your ISP, and they usually share this data with the government and copyright agencies. This is the reason why many Kodi users have ended up receiving DMCA notices. Further, ISPs are now blocking Kodi repositories to discourage the installation of illegal Kodi addons.
You can only avoid this mess by using a private and secure VPN for streaming.
The VPN I Recommend
Having tried many paid and free VPNs, we can confidently say that Surfshark is the best VPN for streaming. The VPN doesn’t keep any logs, uses solid encryption protocols, offers superb speeds, and it comes with a 100% money-back guarantee.
Some Surfshark features:
- ⚡ Superb Speeds: Guarantees a smooth live streaming experience.
- 🌍 Huge Server Network: You can connect to a nearby server for a fast and stable connection.
- 😲 UNLIMITED Devices: Connect dozens of devices at the same time!
- 🔑Unblock Anything: Safe access to censored apps, websites and torrent sites.
- 😎 Best in Privacy: The VPN doesn’t keep any activity logs, and so your activities are only known to you.
- 🔐 Top-notch Security: This VPN uses AES 256-bit encryption and provides multiple protocols alongside other security features such as a kill switch, DNS & IPv6 protection and WireGuard.
- 💳 30 Days RISK FREE Money-Back Guarantee: In case you do not like the service, you can get every penny back if you cancel within 30 days!
Further, its pricing is very competitive, and we can help you lower it further with an exclusive 82% discount off the VPN.
30-Days Money-Back Guarantee
A VPN it’s not just for streaming anonymously, there are plenty of awesome things you can do with it! Check here 15 awesome things you can do with a VPN.
How to Install TvTap/TapTV Kodi Addon
Here’s the procedure for doing so:
- While on the Homepage, open Settings by clicking the cog button
- On the system page, select System
- Hover over Addons and enable Unknown Sources
Kodi can now install addons from third-party sources.
To install TVTap on Kodi, we now need to install its host repository.
Adding the Repo Source
- ✋ Before you add the URL, you need to turn on Surfshark first. Some ISPs frequently block various Kodi repositories to prevent the installation of addons that facilitate illegal streaming.
- After that, go back to the Kodi home screen, click the Settings button, and then select File Manager.
- Double-click “Add-Source” and type in the URL https://warehousecrates.github.io/TheWareHouse/ into the window that opens. Type “The WareHouse Repo” under the textbox below, then click “OK”
Installing the Repository
- Now, go back to the Kodi home screen. On the left-hand side menu, click “Add-ons.“
- On the screen’s top left side, click the open box icon (package installer).
- Select “Install from Zip File.”
- Select “The WareHouse Repo” or whichever name you gave it.
- Now select the file “repository.thewarehouse-x.x.x.zip” (where xxx is the last version you’ll get)
- You will receive a notification when the repo installs successfully.
Install TvTap Kodi Addon
- While on the same page, click “Install from repository.“
- Select “The WareHouse Repo.”
- Scroll and select “Video Add-ons“; then find and click on “TapTv.”
- You will now get an “Install” option. Hit it
- You’ll get a pop-up of all the dependencies that will be installed along with the addon. Just click OK, and TapTv Kodi Addon will now install. After the process is complete, you’ll get a notification.
From there, you only need to ensure that your Surfshark app is turned on. You can then enjoy safe streaming of movies, shows, Sports, Live TV, and so much more on Kodi!
Check out more Kodi addon installation guides
With the above guide, you can easily install the TvTap Kodi addon and enjoy lots of live TV and sports without paying a single penny.
However, always ensure that you turn on a good VPN like Surfshark, before you stream using TvTap or any other third-party Kodi addon. Apart from your own privacy and anonymity, this will also help you circumvent geo-restrictions as well as ISP throttling/ blocking.
We hope this guide on installing the TvTap Kodi addon on your Kodi was helpful. If so, please rate it and share it with your friends.
Have a wonderful day!
Try using a good VPN like IPVanish
The addon lags when playing a video. Is there a setting to stop the lagging.
The repo URL has changed. Check the updated URL
The repository URL has changed; check the updated url
No zip file within repository to install today, 16 March 2021.
Made sure I used the repo mentioned but nothing.
The Addon is working like a charm on my side.
The addon requires Kodi v18+
Try to uninstall and install again.
Also, use a good VPN like IPVanish to get more and better streaming links and avoid ISP blockages.
Probably you are using the old repo.
Just make sure you use the repository mentioned in this post, as it was recently updated.
When I try and run it, I get an Internal Server error for url http://tvtap.net/tvtap1/index/tvappro.php?case=get_all_channels
I have updated my Kodi to 18.9 and have IP Vanish installed and running on my Firestick.
Your instruction for adding TVTap were simple, clear and easy to accomplish. I am having trouble watching NBCSN it freezes upon loading with 100 in a blue circle. Any suggestion on how to fix?