How to fix Kodi error: Check the log for more information
Are you tired of getting the kodi error “ Check the log for more information ” ? I know this can drive someone mad.
There are 2 solutions to fix this.
There have been significant crackdowns over the last few months on illegal streaming. This is due to the ISPs blocking users access to streaming sites, causing Kodi errors and streams not opening or constantly pausing.
Luckily, if you use a good VPN, your traffic will be anonymous and encrypted so your ISP won’t be able to see what you are doing online.
My VPN of trust is ExpressVPN. It offers the fastest connections and also a strict no logs policy, meaning your traffic history will not be stored and cannot be used against you.Furthermore, ExpressVPN offers:
- Lightning-fast speeds and maximum security
- Easy-to-use VPN client for virtually any OS or mobile device
- Access to blocked apps and websites
- No throttling and no bandwidth limit
- 30-day money-back guarantee
Solution 1: Clear Cache and Purge Packages
To do this you will require an add-on named “Merlin Auto Cleaner“. If you don’t have it already you will need to install it from the Merlin Repo. Well, if you don’t have “Merlin Repo” you should really install it because it will make you life easy when you by giving you Merlin Auto Cleaner.
How to install Merlin Auto Cleaner.
- From Kodi Home Screen Navigate to Settings > File Manager and click on Add Source.
- In the link add “http://mwiz.co.uk/repo/” navigate down and Name it as Merlin.
- Navigate back to Home Screen and go to Addons>Packages>Install from Zip and click on Merlin.
- There you can find repository.merlin.zip install it and Navigate to Install from Repository.
- Find Merlin Repo>Program add-ons>Merlin Auto Cleaner and install it.
- Navigate back to Home Screen and Program Addons here select the Merlin Auto Cleaner Addon and open its context menu(right click) and go to settings.
- Here select all the three options Enable Auto Clean, Clean Cache on Startup and Clean Packages on Startup. And you’re done.
This will auto clean your Cache and Purge Packages on startup.
Restart Kodi again and test if the message continue to show up. If you continue to get that annoying error message, continue to read this article.
Solution 2: You need a VPN
If you tried to clear cache and purge packages and you still get the error, that should mean that you are trying to access geo-blocked content or your ISP (internet service provider) is blocking that sources because of copyright reasons.
A VPN is your best solution: A VPN is a legal software that makes you anonymous while using the internet. That’s an awesome security tool to have in your laptop because virus and spyware needs your IP to infect you and the VPN hides your IP and masks to a totally different IP address. You can also search privately, there are no logs of your activity.
Why is this legal? Because you have the right to privacy.
How does this solve the Kodi errors?
Well, if you install the VPN software in your device (supports laptops, android tv boxes, smartphones, etc), you can easily choose the country to where you want to mask your IP. So if you are from EU and want to watch US content, you just choose to mask your IP to USA – Very easy.
But sometimes is not just about geolocation, sometimes your ISP (internet service provider) blocks some content because of the copyright. So when you connect to the VPN, to any country (you can connect even to your country), you will be anonymous, so your ISP won’t be able to track what you accessing, so the content won’t be locked anymore. Total freedom!
Which VPN should I subscribe? Which is the best for Kodi?
Well, I tested many VPNs and ExpressVPN is the special one! Its also the most recommended by Kodi users. The price is very good and is faster than the competitors.
BTW, I don’t recommend free VPN’s as you get very slow connections and you won’t be able to stream properly. With ExpressVPN you have 7 days money back guarantee, so if you’re not happy just simply ask the money back.
We’ve arranged an EXCLUSIVE deal with ExpressVPN to give our readers 49% discount. Just click on the button bellow.Access All Kodi Add-ons Now!
Thank you all