Choosing the right streaming application is the only required thing to be able to watch Live TV and Sports without subscribing any IPTV service and TvTap is an excellent addon based on the homonymous Android app, that you can install on your Kodi.
This guide will show you how to install the TvTap, ultimately known as TapTv, Kodi addon. Screenshots accompany the guide, and it can be used to install the addon on Firestick/ Fire TV, Android TV, Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Nvidia Shield, and any other device that supports Kodi.
The TvTap Kodi addon has been adapted from the popular TvTap android app that can also be installed on Firestick and other Android devices. The addon specializes in Live TV, presenting hundreds of channels that let you stream live and for free.
TV Channels are grouped into Documentary, Entertainment, Food, Kids, Movies, Music, News, Sports, and USA Channels. The Sports category is the most impressive, and it lets you watch almost all popular sports channels from Europe, the USA, the Middle East, and other regions. Available sports include Football, Boxing, WWE, NFL, NHL, MBA, TENNIS, and more.
Be Careful! ⚠
Whenever you are streaming, your IP address is usually visible to your ISP, and they usually share this data with the government and copyright agencies. This is the reason why many Kodi users have ended up receiving DMCA notices. Further, ISPs are now blocking Kodi repositories to discourage the installation of illegal Kodi addons.
You can only avoid this mess by using a private and secure VPN for streaming.
How to Install TvTap/TapTV Kodi Addon
Here’s the procedure for doing so:
- While on the Homepage, open Settings by clicking the cog button
- On the system page, select System
- Hover over Addons and enable Unknown Sources
Kodi can now install addons from third-party sources.
To install TVTap on Kodi, we now need to install its host repository.
Adding the Repo Source
- ✋ Before you add the URL, you need to turn on IPVanish first. Some ISPs frequently block various Kodi repositories to prevent the installation of addons that facilitate illegal streaming.
- After that, go back to the Kodi home screen, click the Settings button, and then select File Manager.
- Double-click “Add-Source” and type in the URL https://warehousecrates.github.io/TheWareHouse/ into the window that opens. Type “The WareHouse Repo” under the textbox below, then click “OK”
Installing the Repository
- Now, go back to the Kodi home screen. On the left-hand side menu, click “Add-ons.“
- On the screen’s top left side, click the open box icon (package installer).
- Select “Install from Zip File.”
- Select “The WareHouse Repo” or whichever name you gave it.
- Now select the file “repository.thewarehouse-x.x.x.zip” (where xxx is the last version you’ll get)
- You will receive a notification when the repo installs successfully.
Install TvTap Kodi Addon
- While on the same page, click “Install from repository.“
- Select “The WareHouse Repo.”
- Scroll and select “Video Add-ons“; then find and click on “TapTv.”
- You will now get an “Install” option. Hit it
- You’ll get a pop-up of all the dependencies that will be installed along with the addon. Just click OK, and TapTv Kodi Addon will now install. After the process is complete, you’ll get a notification.
From there, you only need to ensure that your IPVanish app is turned on. You can then enjoy safe streaming of movies, shows, Sports, Live TV, and so much more on Kodi!
With the above guide, you can easily install the TvTap Kodi addon and enjoy lots of live TV and sports without paying a single penny.
We hope this guide on installing the TvTap Kodi addon on your Kodi was helpful. If so, please rate it and share it with your friends.
Have a wonderful day!