ShowBox it’s an app dedicated for Android users that allows them to watch and stream TV shows, movies and other video content with the same performance you’d get on a computer or laptop. Now, the thing with ShowBox is that it can also be installed on an Amazon Fire Stick and, thus, gives you the ability to stream free movies, TV shows or documentaries. A lot of users encountered issues when trying to install the app on the fire stick, so we put together a fully working guide on how to properly install it.
Installing ShowBox without a PC – through the ES File Explorer
To perform this installation, you will only need to:
- Turn-on your Amazon Fire TV;
- On the home screen, using your Amazon Remote, select ‘Settings’ – you will find it further towards the right part of the screen;
After the Settings menu is opened, go to ‘Device’ to start configuring your firestick. You will need to go to Developers Options to turn on the ADB debugging function which will allow users of your network to install applications. In order to install the ShowBox application properly, make sure to also turn on the App from Unknown Sources setting;
- You will get notified that installing apps from unknown locations may put your device at risk or even damage it, just click OK to move forward;
- Go to the Search function and search for ES in order to install the ES File Explorer application.
- After the app is installed, open it and go to the ‘Favorite’ menu where you have to click on Add to Favorite. A dialogue box will open requesting a Path that should be the download link ( https://showbox.onl/android.apk ) and the name, preferably, ShowBox. Then click on ‘Add’ and visit the freshly created bookmark ShowBox to start downloading the app.
- After the download is over, click on the Install Button, wait for the installation to be complete and then select ‘Open’ to access ShowBox. Starting now you will have access to movies, TV shows and pretty much everything on the internet. In order to control the ShowBox application through the Amazon Fire TV Remote, you will need to install another small application called the mouse toggle for fire TV and install it with through a similar process as described above.
Important to know
Before you use ShowBox or any streaming app, you really should ensure that you have a VPN in place. Not only does a VPN increase the movies and TV shows available to you, it significantly increases your anonymity and security online.
We always recommend the CyberGhost VPN which is available directly through the search function for 2nd Generation Fire Sticks and even better, we’ve arranged an exclusive deal with CyberGhost to give our readers a 79% discount! You can read our complete guide on installing a VPN on Fire Stick for more information as well as installation instructions if you have an older model Fire Stick.
So, there you have it, folks, a simple and easy way to install the ShowBox application on your Amazon Fire Stick and use it to watch all your favourite movies and TV shows for free, without paying a subscription or anything like that.
If you like ShowBox, you may also like Terrarium TV, click here to read our review.
Are there any other applications that you use for Fire Stick? Let us know in the comment section below.