The FireDL app is aimed at making the download and installation of applications, Kodi builds, and Kodi Repos super easy. It does this by making use of shortcodes that automatically convert into direct URLs and then download a required file. This makes FireDL one of the best utility apps for Firestick as well as Android devices.
FireDL was initially in the Amazon App Store, but it was later kicked out. In this guide, we shall look at how to sideload the apk file and install FireDL, how to use it, and even where to get the codes.
Mind your privacy & security
The reason Amazon discontinued FireDL from the Amazon App Store is that the app is mostly used to download apps and Kodi builds/ repositories that provide pirated content. Remember that consumption of such content is illegal in most countries, and governments, ISPs and authorities actively monitor user activities.
To avoid getting into trouble, we always advise our users to always use a reliable VPN for privacy and security. Once connected, it will encrypt your activities and give you a new online identity.
How to Install FireDL APK on Firestick
Now that you are secure from any legal liabilities, we can go ahead and install FireDL on Firestick. Below is the procedure for sideloading the apk file.
First, ensure that the “apps from unknown sources” option is enabled.
Enabling unknown sources
- While at the device Home screen, go to “Settings” then select “My Fire TV/ Device.”
- Select “Developer options.”
- Turn on “Apps from Unknown Sources” as well as “ADB debugging.”
After that, we can go ahead and download the FireDL Apk to install the app.
The best app for downloading the apk file is downloader, an app that is readily available in the store. If you already have it, you can skip to the next section.
If you haven’t installed it:
Installing the Downloader App
- On the main menu, go to the search option and type “Downloader”
- Downloader should be the first suggestion. Select it.
- Now click Get to install the app on your Firestick
After the installation is complete, open the app.
Install FireDL on Firestick
Now, we need to download the apk file to install FireDL app on Firestick.
- In the URL field of the downloader, enter the URL: https://bit.ly/34ycGat
- FireDL apk will start downloading.
- After the FireDL Apk download is complete, click Install
- When the installation completes, click “Done.”
- Downloader will ask if you want to delete the apk. Select “Delete” to save some space.
- When asked to confirm, select “Delete” once more.
- FireDL App should have been added to your app list. It can now be found under “See All.”
- You can move it if you wish by clicking the Menu button on your remote (3 horizontal lines),
How to Install FireDL on Android TV
Unlike the case with Amazon App Store, the required APK file to install the FireDL App is available within the Google Play Store. This makes it a quite straightforward process to get the app on your Android Smartphone, Android TV, and Android TV Box.
All you need to do is search “FireDL” on Play Store and then click “Install”. The app’s creator is aidyMatic.
How to use FireDL
FireDL is somehow similar to the Downloader app in that it allows users to download any apk file they want to. However, it’s also unique in that it allows you to use shortcodes to achieve the same. Once you enter a file’s valid short code, the FireDL app automatically converts it into a URL. From there you can then download and install the file.
To get started, you will need the URL code for the apk you need. Here’s a list of codes for some of the most popular apps.
- Kodi Leia 18.5 – 784843
- CinemaHD – 613287
- MX Player – 820807
- Mobdro – 151016
- Titanium TV – 000420
- Plex – 632975
- APKTime – 072207
- Popcorn Time – 158818
How to Install an App using FireDL
The guide below illustrated how to install almost any app on Firestick or any Android device using FireDL. For the guide, we’ll use MX player for installation
- Firstly, open FireDL and enter the shortcode into the provided line
- Once the last number is entered, it will turn into a direct URL link as shown below. Click Next
- Wait for the file download to finish
- Click Install
- Then, click Done
- This will take you back to your Apps List. You can move the app to your desired position or you can just open it straight away.
FireDL is quickly growing due to its usefulness and the fact that you no longer need to have the entire URL source file to download an app or Kodi build/ repo. To use the app, all you need is the code for the file, which can be easily found on the official site.
Enjoy your apps!