Apex is an all-in-one addon for Kodi. In this post, I am going to show you the step by step method to install Apex Kodi addon in 2020 with screenshots for better understanding. Installing Apex Kodi addon shall not take more than five minutes.
The Apex Kodi Addon
Apex has a multi-dimensional media library that includes Movies, Kids Spot, TV Shows, Sports, and Documentaries.
If you love American sports, you’d surely want to install Apex addon on Kodi since it lets you stream PPV Live Events, NBA Live, NFL Football Live, NCAA Football Live, NCAA Basketball Live, NHL Live, WWE/Smackdown, MLB, and UFC Fight Night (in PPV category) as well.
Advantages of Installing Apex Kodi Addon
- All-in-one addon
- A simple interface and fast speed
- Live Sports including PPV Events
- Doesn’t require a premium subscription
Disadvantages of Apex Kodi Addon
- Third-party developer with no undertaking of responsibility for streaming links that might violate the copyright act
Safe Streaming with VPN
Kodi is open-source and community developers have the freedom of developing addons to let you stream content online via this media organizing platform. The number of official Kodi addons is fewer as compared to that of the third-party addons. The problem is that these third-party addons may use torrent servers or links to access copyright-protected content. Besides, third-party addons may contain malicious files to exploit vulnerable devices.
To protect your device and stream anonymously via Kodi addons, you can install a premium VPN.
Steps to Install Apex Kodi Addon in 2020
Apex is a community addon and the zip file for the Magnetic Repo comes from third-party developers. This is why you need to let Kodi download files from unknown sources before you can install Apex Kodi addon.
Enable Downloading from Unknown Sources
- Launch Kodi > Open Settings by clicking on the Cogwheel icon
- Select System from the available options on the main menu
- Place the cursor on addons option you see along with the left panel
- Enable Download from unknown sources
- Confirm settings by clicking OK
Download Zip File of Magnetic Repo
- After coming back to Settings you need to select File Manager
- Double click Add Source
- Past the URL to Magnetic Repo exactly as provided – http://magnetic.website/repo/
- Type a name for a media source that you can remember to identify the source afterward
- Click OK and once more, return to Settings
- Select package installer
- Click install from the zip file and then select Magnetic Repo (or the source name you typed earlier)
- Click on the zip file, Magnetic-1.0.8.zip
- Wait for the confirmation notification Magnetic Repo Addon installed
Install Apex Kodi Addon
- Without returning, click Install from repository
- From the list of available repositories, find and select Magnetic Repo
- Click video addons and you will get the list of addons in the repo
- Find and select Apex
- Click install
Using Apex Kodi Addon
Once you’ve installed the addon, open it and you will see a list of categories you can select from. This list includes Movies, TV Shows, Documentaries, Sports, and lots more. Simply click into any of these categories to access a list of subcategories. You can also search for specific items from the Search menu.
When you select a specific item, you will see a list of paid or free streams to pick and choose from. While the majority of the streams are tagged as Real Debrid (RD) you can often find other streams that are free. These are often not as high quality but if you do not have a Real Debrid they are worth exploring. If you are interested in Real Debrid, check out this post as it is not that expensive and the quality/speed of the streams it provides is worth the investment.
Apex is an all-in-one addon to stream Sports (pay-per-view and more), Movies, TV Shows, Documentaries and even animation for Kids. Most of the streams require a Real-Debrid account, but you’ll find many other not requiring it.
Some addons event use torrent servers and leave your IP address publicly which can be tracked by ISPs and government agencies. VPN is a one-in-all solution for fast streaming speed, privacy, and access to restricted content.
Have nice streamings!