How to Install and Use the Titanium Build with Kodi
A Kodi build definitely worth exploring is the Titanium build. With a simple and easy to understand interface reminiscent of the Kodi of yesteryear it has everything you need in one package. Here’s how to install the Titanium Kodi build.
It’s very rare to find a strong and reliable Kodi build that also has a great user interface. This is why the Titanium Build is one of the most popular in the Kodi community.
The user interface is highly navigable with well organized categories and a breathtaking background along with some great widgets. It features a number of popular add-ons including:
- Live TV,
- Combat Zone,
- Vaders Streams,
- EN Espanol, and
- Gears TV just to name a few.
Users however complain that the Titanium Build and its daily update wizard can bring up errors when you try to update. For this reason, it is recommended that you wipe out any existing data on Kodi before installing the build. A VPN service is also highly recommended for this and other Kodi builds.
It’s very Important to protect your identity first
A VPN is a mandatory requirement for all Kodi streamers to avoid connection throttling, censorship & geoblocking. When the FCC scrapped net neutrality laws in 2017, ISPs were allowed to monitor and filter browsing data without the users’ consent. Due to these changes, many people have received copyright violation notices and a lot more have been blocked out of content or had their streaming links throttled.
Fortunately a solution exists and that is a VPN. VPNs give you a secure and private connection between your device and the VPN server. Your ISP is unable to determine what you are accessing over this encrypted connection. However, that’s not the only way that VPNs help. You see, when you are unable to access certain content online based on your location, the servers that make this determination utilize your IP address to make the decision. Your IP address basically functions like your postal address telling the servers where in the world you are located and if you’re not in the country where the content is available they automatically block it.
With a VPN though you can mask your IP address and make it appear as if you are in a different country. A country where the content is accessible for example! It’s really simple to do with VPN software like IPVanish for example as they have servers all over the world. In fact, you can connect up to five devices simultaneously and enjoy complete privacy from its 1000+ servers in more than 60 countries.
Now you could go with a free VPN but I definitely do not recommend them. Aside from the fact that they’ve been shown to slow down internet connection speeds, they also sometimes install malicious software. Unfortunately, that’s not the only risk when it comes to free VPNs. You see, these solutions can log and track your behavior and activities online. This is a huge risk and completely bypasses why you’re probably using a VPN in the first place!
IPVanish is designed to be compatible with all Kodi versions to secure your browsing privacy from prying eyes. Users are allowed the freedom of unlimited server watching, unlimited bandwidth and one of the fastest internet speeds among VPNs. IPVanish also doesn’t record traffic logs which is a huge plus. One big plus for you though is that we’ve negotiated a 57% discount for all of readers! Simply click the link to take advantage of 57% OFF any plan.
If you’re interested in learning more about why you need a VPN with Kodi check out this link for more information.
How to install Titanium Build
- Before installing the Titanium Build, you have to enable unknown sources since Kodi, by default doesn’t support third party installations. Open Settings from the top left side of the Kodi home screen and choose ‘System Settings’. Click on Add-ons and switch ‘Unknown Sources’ on.
- Return to ‘Settings’ and click the ‘File Manager’ icon and select ‘Add Source’ from the list. On the pop-up window that will appear, click <None> and enter the URL source as http://repo.supremebuilds.com . Type in “SupremeTitanium” or something else memorable as the media source name and click ‘OK’.
- Go back to the home page, open ‘Add-ons’ and click on the open box icon on the top left panel. Select ‘Install from zip file’ and open SupremeTitanium or whichever name you chose and open the file named supremebuilds-x.x.x.zip with x.x.x. being the version number. Wait for the “add-on enabled” notification before proceeding.
- Still on the same window, select ‘Install from Repository’ and open the ‘Supreme builds Repository’ Select ‘Program Add-ons’, choose ‘Supreme Builds Wizard’ and hit the ‘Install’ button at the bottom. When the installation finishes, a few pop-up window will appear; press “Dismiss” and return to the Kodi home screen.
- Open ‘Add-ons’ followed by ‘Program Add-ons’ and open the Supreme Builds Wizard. Select ‘(Supreme Builds) Builds’ from the options and on the Krypton builds list you’ll find Titanium for Kodi. Click on it and select a server; when prompted select “Fresh Install” and wait for the process to complete. After the installation, click “Force Close” and restart Kodi to enjoy the Titanium build.
Positives and Negatives of the Titanium Build
- Fairly simple and easy interface that is very reminiscent of older versions of Kodi (pre Krypton) in terms of look and feel. Icon’s are self-explanatory and simple to understand
- Streams auto sort to present best quality streams at the top. Lots of useful information provided in terms of stream quality, subtitles and source without having to dig through and launch multiple streams.
- Selecting a primary category (such as Movies or TV Shows) automatically defaults to the most popular and likely programs at the top menu. This can be customized.