Here you will find answers to the most Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about your Amazon FireStick or any other Fire TV device.
Firestick, or Amazon Fire TV Stick, it’s a tiny media streaming device produced by Amazon. This small streaming “stick” can be easily plugged to the HDMI port of your TV and transform your TV on a smart TV.
With firestick you can install tons of apps and games from the Amazon app store or just enjoy the pre-installed apps like: Netflix, Youtube, Hulu, Crackle, Spotify, Twitch, and more.
If your firestick remote is not working, you can try the following options to pair your remote:
Option 1: Press the HOME button for 10 seconds, if you get a notification saying that the remote is connected, it means you fixed the issue!
Option 2: If option 1 didn’t work, check the batteries position or replace them.
Option 3: If you tried everything with no luck, it means you may have a malfunctioned device, in this case, you can ask for a replacement or use your phone as a remote.
To use your phone as a remote, just install the Amazon Fire TV on Android or iOS.
If your Amazon Fire TV is not responding, check some fixes below:
1. If your device turned off while you were using it, unplug it and let it cool down;
2: FireStick showing a blank screen:
– Check if the device is plugged into a power source and click on the power button on your remote.
– Use your TV remote to check if the TV input source is set to the HDMI port where you plugged your FireStick.
– Check if your remote is working.
– Unplug your firestick, let it rest for 5 minutes, and plug it again.
Firestick doesn’t come with channels. What you can do it’s to install some apps to watch TV, here are some TV Channels apps that you can install and watch for free: CBS, Tubi TV, Fox NOW, A&E, Pluto TV.
You can also check our article about the best Apps (APK) for Firestick to watch any channel for Free.
If your FireStick is not detected by your TV, try the following:
1. Check if the power light indicator is static. If it’s not static, or if there is no light at all, check if there is any issue with the power source – Check the socket, power cord or USB port if you’re using it as power source.
2. Check the HDMI cable: Check if the port is not damaged, if you got more HDMI ports, try to plug it in another port.
3. Unplug & plug: Turn off your TV > remove the firestick from the HDMI port > unplug it from the power source > wait for 5 minutes > reconnect the firestick with the HDMI port and to the power source > Wait a few seconds and press any button on the remote control.
No. You pay just for the device. You may pay subscription on the apps you want to use on your firestick, like Netflix, Disney Plus, Hulu, etc.
No. You need a Netflix subscription to use it on Firestick.
No. You will need to install some apps to watch live TV.
Check here the best Apps to watch live TV for Free.
Yes, you can install an IPTV app on Firestick and add your IPTV list to it.
Here are the best IPTV players for Firestick.
When it comes to Firestick, the term jailbreaking simply means bypassing restrictions and sideloading applications. To jailbreak your firestick, just follow this guide.
Fire TV and fire TV stick have a setting that restricts the installation of third-party applications. This is the first setting that you need to change before you can install Kodi on firestick. Once you have started your fire TV, click on the Settings option. This will allow you to access the system menu. Scroll down to the developer options. Here, toggle on the button that reads ‘apps from unknown sources. Confirm that you want to install from unknown sources. With that in check, you can now proceed to install Kodi on firestick or Fire TV. Now, just follow the steps on this guide to install kodi on firestick.
Note that resetting your firestick to factory settings will erase all data and personal settings you’ve done. It will be like when you bought it.
Follow these steps to reset your firestick: Go to Settings > Select My Fire TV > Select Reset to Factory Defaults > Confirm clicking on the button “Reset“.
To restart your amazon firestick, go to settings on the main menu > Select My Fire TV > Click on “Restart“.
Firestick it’s a small streaming device made by amazon. With a firestick you can transform your TV into a smart TV. You just need to plug it into a power source and to the HDMI port – as simple as that. You can then install any app from the amazon app store or even Android apps following this guide.
To cast or Mirror to your firestick, press and hold the Home button in your firestick remote to bring up the menu > select mirroring.
Cinema HD is one of the best apks to you can install to watch free movies.
To install cinema HD on firestick, just follow these steps:
– ⚠Turn your VPN On. This is important to avoid your ISP to block the app. We recommend to use a Good VPN like IPVanish
– Go to Settings and choose Device.
– From there, go to Developer Options and enable “Apps from Unknown Sources.”
– Then go back home and download the “Downloader” app from the Amazon store
– Then open the Downloader app and select the browser tab
– Type cinemaapk.com in the search bar and click Go
– After pressing “Go”, it should open the official download page, where you will find a download button – Click on that button to start the download.
Important: If you do not have the browser plugins installed, this won’t work. To install the browser plugin, type http://browser.aftvnews.com in the search bar and click go. This will install the plugin and then you can go back to Step 6 to install Cinema APK.
Here’s our complete guide on how to install Cinema on Firestick.
Go to Settings > My Fire TV > About > Check for Updates > If you see “Install Update” that means there is an update available, just click to install.
To turn off your firestick press and hold the home button on your remote for 3 seconds > Select Sleep.
Initially, the term jailbreaking was used on iPhones to mean installing apps not authorized by Apple. It then evolved to Android, and here it meant removing developer restrictions either by installing an app (rooting) or changing the firmware (flushing).
But when it comes to Firestick, the term jailbreaking simply means bypassing restrictions and sideloading applications.
Now, the reason that you might want to jailbreak your Fire Stick is simple – there are some apps that give you even more content than the “official” apps, and they are free to use; so, why not unleash all the streaming power of your Amazon FireStick?
Installing these apps jailbreaks your Firestick, or in other words, sets it free.
Check our guide on How to Jailbreak Firestick.
1. Install Downloader
2. Open Downloader and go to the URL section and type https://get.droidadmin.com/ . This is a direct download link, and so the Filelinked APK should start downloading.
3. After the app downloads, you’ll be prompted to install it. Click Install.
4. After the installation is complete, click Done.
For the full guide of how to install filelinked on firestick, click here.